Reply To: British Airways A321 Club Europe

Back to Forum

AJB2793
Participant

I decided to try this service having become more and more disillusioned with Are Lingus, and conscious of the fact that BA now provide the only Business class service to Dublin from Heathrow.

The first thing that surprised me was the price of the flights. I booked with less than 24 hours notice and was surprised to discover that BA was cheaper than Aer Lingus, when Lounge Access and baggage was included.

I tried the former BMI lounge and was underwhelmed by the food offerings – no sign of the Bacon rolls that am used to. A good supply of drinks though.

Boarding was quick and efficient with a friendly welcome from the crew – I was in seat 1F. Nowhere to hang my jacket which was odd. Crew introduced themselves and we left on time.

Inflight service was excellent, and began shortly after we had reached cruising. The choices on the 1035 flight were either a Meat and Cheese plate, or a Ham and Cheese Croissant, served hot, with a fruit plate. The ham and cheese croissant was tasty however was tiny – as a suggestion maybe a couple should be offered. A full bar service was available including champagne, which as I was heading to a sombre occasion in Dublin, I took advantage of. Ecomomy passengers were offered drinks and either a biscuit of crisps.

The Club Europe cabin was around 75% full – guess there is a demand – and service was unobtrusive and friendly.

The flight arrived 6 minutes early and disembarked quickly.

An impressive service that I hope BA will persevere with and continue to improve

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls