Reply To: British Airways B767-300 (European config.) Euro Traveller

Back to Forum

TominScotland
Participant

I flew this domestic leg to Heathrow with an onward connection from T5. I had checked in via my iPhone ap for both legs (and was notified of an upgrade from LHR so was in a good mood!!) so went to the Premium desk to drop my suitcase, which was painless and efficient, with my case checked through to Singapore.

I head up through fast track Security (no queue) to the Lounge, which was quiet at that time of the day. As others have said, this is now a great space for a regional lounge, with appropriate catering, good wifi and a wide drinks selection.

We were notified of a 15 minute delay because of a late inbound aircraft and were showered with profuse apolgies from lounge staff and then called to the gate for boarding well ahead of the scheduled departure.

Walking to the gate, I noticed a aircraft change, the scheduled A321 replaced by a B767 with European seating (ie. no premium seats). This made for somewhat odd seating arrangements as people who checked in early or had premium status had retained original seating allocations so that we were crammmed together initially while large blocks of the aircraft remained unoccupied. The cabin crew did have the sense to encourage people to relocate for ‘trim’ reasons. One gripe is the small overhead bins over the central seating area – not big enough for a fairly standard carry on bag.

I walked straight aboard the aircraft and found my seat (2F). The plus of the 767 is the additional legroom which makes the, albeit short, flight quite pleasant.

Due to refuelling, we pushed back maybe 5 minutes late and after this, the flight and service were standard, professional and cheerful.

We landed in Heathrow a few minutes early and taxied to an international satnd which meant being bussed to domestic arrivals – speedily accomplished and I was soon en route for the B gate Lounge and my next flight.

I do like the B767 for this sort of flight although the rattling and groaning at take-off always makes me think of myself after a long, tiring day – its an age thing, I guess!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls