Reply To: British Airways B767-300 (European config.) Club Europe

Back to Forum

Hermes1964
Participant

LHR -MAD

I’m rarely well disposed to air travel at 6.20am in the morning so I had managed my expectations accordingly. A short visit to the North Terrace saw a reasonable selection of breakfast pastries and hot offerings, but the lounge didn’t have a particularly relaxed or sophisticated feel.

Boarding was straightforward and priority boarding was observed. Upon entering I was please to see that this was a refurbished 767, with comfortable leather seats and reasonable leg room. The cabin certainly looked smarter, although on closer inspection it was obvious that that this was a cosmetic job. There appeared to be a lot of edges and and corners in the remoulded panels and lockers -but definitely an improvement.

CC were cheerful and wide awake finding time to engage individually and preempt the needs of the admittedly rather subdued load. But the experience was somewhat let down by the food. I had a long day of airline food ahead of me so opted for what was described as “Continental” – not sure which continent though. The centre piece was a large plate of very cold ham with a couple of slices of grilled pepper, courgette, olives, and a blob of something that I couldn’t identify – possibly cream cheese with yet more ham.

It was only once I started eating that I realised just how much ham was on the plate as it was folded up. In short far too much and totally unbalanced given the amount of bread on offer. Bread rolls were cold (why can’t they pop them in the oven for just a few minutes as so many other European airlines managed to do?). Tea pretty tepid.

But we landed on time and the overall experience was enhanced by a cheerful and professional crew who engaged with passengers and made sure we had everything we needed with minimal fuss. Just a few minor tweaks and it would have been much better.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls