Reply To: British Airways B737-400 Euro TravellerCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways B737-400 Euro Traveller Reply To: British Airways B737-400 Euro Traveller

NTarrant
Participant

LGW-JER BA2772

I checked in online and downloaded my boarding pass to my Blackberry. I had chosen one of BA’s new baggage only fares so made my way to the premium security. I was greeted by a member of staff who checked my boarding pass in a polite and friendly manner. There were only two people in front of me at security and that process was over in a moment.

Made my way to the First lounge, which was quite busy. After my disappointment with the arrivals lounge offering at T5, I was concerned at what might be offered. I was pleasantly suprised, it was 0900 and there were cheese and biscuits, fresh fruit, yoghurts and warm Danish pastries. I asked a member of staff if I could get a bacon roll which the reply was “certainly sir”. It arrived swiftly and I was most pleased with the improved quality, a nice arisan style roll with three rashers of back bacon with no fat.

At 0910 the board flashed go to gate, I left the lounge at 0915 and wandered down to the gate (55B) where it was announced that the flight was “very full” (!) and that boarding by seat row only. However once the specials had gone through, Club, Gold and Silver Exc passengers were boarded.

I was greeted with a hello and that was about it, I has 26A right at the back, which is ideal if travelling in Euro Traveller to Jersey as there are nearly always rear steps so you can be off the plane quickly. Loading was quite swift and push back was five minutes early.

Once airborne the service commenced which was drinks and either a biscuit or crisps. I chose the crisps with a coffee which was fine, all delivered with a pleasant smile.

Our arrival at Jersey was 15 minutes early (1030) and I was off, through the rear steps and at the bus stop with five miuntes before the 1045 bus to St Helier.

There is, until the end of September a bus every 15 minutes to St Helier at a cost of £1.70 each way, which compares favourably against a taxi fare of nearly £15.00.