Reply To: British Airways A319 Euro Traveller

Back to Forum

KeaneJohn
Participant

Checked in at a semi quiet Club desk with just 1 passenger in front of me. Bag tagged, and boarding card issued in a matter of minutes. Agent advised of anticipated gate A3 but advised North Security was better.

Fast Track North security was just that and was through in approximately 10 minutes. Headed to South lounge and had an ok selection of food a couple of G&Ts and a couple of glasses of fizz. Checked with lounge staff, who confirmed gate to headed to North Lounge for another beverage. Headed to gate to be told of delay of 30 minutes so back up to the North lounge.

Immediately head final call for boarding flight so asked at front desk what the situation was to be told that flight was delayed and she

Fast track boarding worked perfectly and the full flight was boarded in no time. Seated in 4A, seats had plenty of legroom obviosuly part of the CE cabin on some flights so note to self to try and select the front ones in future.

Suit carrier hung up and cabin baggage stowed with no fuss. Apologies from Captain and CSD regarding the delay. Shortish taxi and airborne fairly quickly after pushing back from the gate.

Take off and cabin service commenced. Crew didn’t seem as organised as some but returned to the galley with 20 minutes to landing. Cleared the cabin quickly and efficiently discreetly getting more drinks for passengers.

Landed about 20 minutes late and

Luggage (priority tagged) delivered after all the transfer bags had appeared (see BA CAN do it) and out of the airport in minutes.

In summary, one of the best flight experiences for a domestic sector. Quick check in, fast security, kept up to date with minor flight delay, faultless crew and prompt baggage delivery. Reminds me why I fly to places such as Edinburgh and Newcastle and how good BA and their crews are usually.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls