Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)* Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

IanFromHKG
Participant

Bucksnet – 18/06/2013 21:19 GMT : How are the T3 lounges holding up? Not been there for a while now.

The F lounge always seems fine to me, but I must confess I spend most of my time in the champagne bar!! Having said that, I do find the range of food surprisingly limited and unimaginative – almost invariably something sloppy (beef bourguignonne, curry) which I suppose isn’t hugely surprising since they just want to be able to leave it out for hours without it drying out, but when you see what other airlines are able to achieve it does make you wonder. I know that it is possible to get a la carte in the F lounge, but frankly the only thing I have ever ordered from the menu was a burger (I was just in that sort of mood!) since the other choices just didn’t grab me at all. And yet at the BA J lounge in ORD they have a stir-fry station with everything made to order (this wasn’t in the pre-flight dining section for F, I might add – sadly I didn’t get to try that because even though I am oneworld emerald access to that dining room was restricted to F passengers – a bit like the CCR!) which was a nice touch (all done in front of you so you could pick and choose your ingredients). The QF lounge in Singapore (which is combined F and J) also has food prepared to order – they day we went, we had a superb spicy noodle dish. The CX F lounge at The Wing in Hong Kong not only has a superb range of food on the buffet tables, including a carvery for main meals, but also an impressive a la carte menu which, I have been told, changes weekly (with matched wines or – at the moment as a special promotion – cognac (which sounds ghastly! LOL)), the dishes on which are of true restaurant standard (and a good restaurant too – the catering is contracted to the Peninsula Hotel group and the beef dish I had there the last time I went through in the evening could easily have been served at Gaddi’s). The QF F lounge in Sydney, the last time I was there (2010 – maybe things have changed!), had stunning food prepared to order in an open kitchen in the middle of the lounge. These things are not beyond the wit of man (unless the man in question holds a senior post at BA, it seems)