Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum

IanFromHKG
Participant

HongKongLady – 17/06/2013 11:30 GMT : Ian, I haven’t been in BKK for a while, what is the lounge access for BA now ? As I have used the Qantas lounge in the past even when hopping between HK and BKK on Cathay. I am guessing this is no longer possible.

As I recall (but I can verify this on Friday!) as you walk towards the BA/QF lounges, the one on the left is BA F and the one on the right is QF J. I think that even with the dissolution of the JV, each is sending their passengers of the appropriate class to the same lounges.

However, all this is moot. If you are oneworld Sapphire you can use ANY oneworld J lounge when flying oneworld. if you are Emerald you can use ANY oneworld F lounge. Furthermore – although this is not so well publicised and isn’t made particularly clear on the oneworld site – if you have a J oneworld ticket you can use ANY J oneworld lounge, and similarly with an F oneworld ticket you can use ANY oneworld F lounge. So even without status, if you had a CX F ticket you could use the BA F lounge, and with a CX J ticket you can use the QF J lounge.

DISCLAIMER: I have not attempted to address the special carve-outs for the US/Australia/paid memberships

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls