Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum

Henkel.Trocken
Participant

Ian_from_HKG – 17/06/2013 03:43 GMT

Very few *A carriers designate their F lounges as *G lounges. The rather odd exception is LH and LX who have Business Class Lounges, Senator Lounges – their *G tier which are designated F lounges for all except their own F passengers and then their own F lounges including the F terminal at FRA. If you are travelling in F with any other airline you will get access to the Senator lounge.

SIA also only allow you in to the lounge of the class you are travelling in unless you have status with them in which case, special rules apply. If you are travelling in Y they have a special lounge, I think called the Krisflyer Gold Lounge at SIN which is for gold card holders in Y. I’ve never been in but I understand it is not particularly good.

Generally you need to be travelling in F to get access to an F lounge. IIRC at HKG you can access the C class area of lounges belonging to TG, UA or SQ as a *G card holder. All three also have an F area but you need to be travelling in F to access it.

So, *G lounges are generally C class lounges with a few exceptions.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls