Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

The key problem with Baxter Storey is not breakfast, which in Galleries at least is by-and-large acceptable.

It is the afternoon offering until 3pm, and then the total lack of a substantial offering 3pm-6pm as well as a lack of differentiation between Galleries and Galleries First offerings.

I am hopeful things will improve at Heathrow shortly after July 1st, when BS gets its hands on the proper preparation facilities, and should be able to deliver on the full range of planned improvements.

We are already seeing elements of the improved offering, but there are specific issues which are sub-par.

It is, however, nothing like the Seventh Gate of Hell which some of those commentators (many of which haven’t been near a lounge in months) would have us believe.

Until then, it’s an opportunity to sample the outlets in T5, which apart from a single visit to Plane Food in the early days and a Picnic to try them out when they were first offered, I confess I have not had cause to frequent.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls