Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)* Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

OK-in-MUC
Participant

I recently had the pleasure of spending 5 hours at the BA First Lounge at T5.
There were two very noticeable points:
– Some of the furniture looked tired to the point of worn out
– The food choices, while sort-of-nice, were below par compared with other airlines.

I made it apoint to also order from the menu, but those dishes were not really convincing. The tables were not laid and silverware and napkins had top be fetched at the buffet – while the wait staff had a hard time remembering who ordered what, and where they sat.

To me, the quality of the F Lounge is less about wrapped biscuits or finding certain brands of drinks or snacks (although I prefer having a choice when it comes to crisp flavours), but how it compares with the competition…

SWISS’s First Class Lounge at Zurich airport was a much nicer experience: Clean, quiet, with a nice selection of ready buffet food, plus a high-quality menu of fresh dishes prepared by a chef and served in a restaurant setting.

EMIRATES First Class Lounge in Dubai offers hot and cold European, Asian, and Arabic food options at pretty much any time of the day. In addition, a wide variety of freshly prepared dishes can be ordered from the menu. And, there is a tended wine bar…

LH has a slightly different approach for their lounges:
The LH First Class Lounges in Frankfurt and Munich are very impressive, and the food options simply fantastic. These lounges are only for passengers buying first class tickets, or for those who are HON status frequent travellers.
The LH Senator Lounges and BA’s F Lounge are not really that different from one another, although the newly remodeled SEN Lounges inMunich and Frankfurt now have a definite edge over BA.
But, while a few years ago BA clearly had the nicer CW lounge and much better food offers, LH improved their Frequent Traveller lounges to a point where BA is now clearly coming in second place…