Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

I would imagine we could count on the fingers of one hand the amount of people who have actually switched their flights away from BA (or a JV partner) as a consequence of these changes.

I’m no fan of these changes, but it’s early days yet and we shouldn’t really pass judgement until the end of the summer when BS will have bedded in and will have full access to offsite preparation facilities still not available to them.

There are elements of the offering which have improved (sandwiches are nicer, and now square-cut), biscuits are now smaller-batch “home cooked” style, alongside things which are less good, particularly in absolute terms in the Galleries lounge and also in terms of lack of differentiation between Galleries and Galleries F.

It’s still a considerably better offering than many airlines give even at their home bases; my recent experience at a FlAAgship Lounge and at Air France’s woeful offerings in Paris are testament to this.

As far as the oft-used “in response to passenger feedback” – be careful what you wish for. Many on here declaim that BA is too expensive – it’s not. Other declaim it’s too cheap, and beg for prices to rise to deliver improved quality. Many are ill-informed and don’t have a clue about what’s required, or the broader impact of their demands, which is why we end up with situations like this.

Having said that, food onboard longhaul premium cabins is much better, which goes some way to alleviating the problem.

I’m impressed by the website linked above; it does highlight the issues and might get some changes made. Many of the comments on sites like Flyertalk were from people who hadn’t actually been in the lounges, so like the beef bourgignon, their comments should be taken with pinch of salt.

I’d urge those exercised about this to contact Baxter Storey themselves to highlight people’s disappointment with the offering:

http://www.baxterstorey.com/contact

….or if you’re a Gold or Silver Cardholder turn up and voice your concern to BA’s senior Management in the BA tent at this June’s Taste of London event in Regent’s Park from Thursday 20th-Sunday 23rd:

http://www.ba.com/taste

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls