Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)* Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

AnthonyDunn
Participant

I will confess to a wry smile at some of the postings here suggesting that BAEC Silver and Gold status is thrown around like wedding confetti – and presumably that’s the kind of riff-raff now allowed into BA premium lounges….

At the very least, Silver (that’s 600 tier points) would require nearly eight return flights between LGW/JER as the cheapest route awarding 80 tier points per return. At a minimum of £200 per return, that’s at least £1500 as the very cheapest way of obtaining BAEC Silver status. As I dare say the overwhelming majority of BAEC Silver/Gold members are not habitués of the Channel Islands, I rather imagine that they have travelled on more expensive routes and have very probably (or more likely their employers have) paid rather more than this.

For those of us who pay all our fares ourselves, Silver (never mind Gold) status is not “absurdly easy to get” nor is it ridiculously cheap either. I do wonder at times just what kind of parallel universe that some BT posters inhabit.