Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Back to Forum

Andrew66
Participant

From what I’ve read so far it seems that there has been some cost cutting , because when we were in the lounge at LHR last November from 6pm onwards we were really impressed , we had snacks and drinks but looking at what hot food was available we could have enjoyed a nice meal and then slept on the plane instead of waiting til around 10pm to eat .
I can understand the reasons for trying to control costs and I would guess that 9 out of 10 walkers biscuits were nabbed for a later snack rather than eaten in the lounge and that probably applies to crisps and snacks too.
I also think BA have sort of created their own problem with lounge access , because we have had 4 flights in the last few months ,CE to Paphos and then 2 upgraded flights in CW and a cheap CE trip to Jersey and now have silver status , this means we can use the lounges whatever class we travel .
On our trip back from Jersey recently there was a convention being held by around 14 people in the middle of the lounge , they all had silver status but were not all travelling in CE , the amount of food and drink they cleared and the mess they created was unbelievable .
I think travellers expect the lounges to be ” exclusive” especially if you are paying a premium price for a ticket , but too many people are probably using the lounges and its probably costing BA more than they expect .
From my point of view , I’m generally happy with what BA are providing for me , as I’m getting seats on the plane I couldn’t afford at normal prices , free lounges , free seat booking , excellent luggage allowances etc etc and I’m not comparing what they offer to LH CX , etc etc , my comparison is against thomson , monarch , easy etc etc as they are my other options for my leisure travel .

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls