Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)* Reply To: More BA T5 lounge experiences (formerly disasters)*

Ah,Mr.Bond
Participant

There has been some negative comments on here re the state of the BA lounges at the moment and just thought this down to over fussy travellers, I have not had any major cause for complaint in the past….. until last Thursday night at LHR where I was simply appalled.

Clearly there has been a major cost cutting exercise. I was in the T5 South Lounge and arrived at approximately 1745. There was nothing, and I mean NOTHING on offer bar a cookie jar half full on handled, probably stale cookies [what happened to all the hygienically wrapped Walkers cookies and cakes?] another jar full of wasabi peas [which was nearly empty and due to the size of the jar you could not get at the remains with the scoop easily] and salted crisps, yes they can’t even be bothered to offer a selection any more. I kid you not, that was it.

All the food service stations and side counters that once displayed a colourful array of hot options for an early evening meal, salads, fruit, cheese and rolls were deserted. I was obviously not the only one expecting some kind of nourishment, there were many other baffled bystanders.

It was not until 1800 that some salad dishes did start to slowly appear, and when they did it , the scene was like a plague of vultures waiting for the kill. 15 minutes later some hot options appeared. I still did not see any cheese, rolls, crackers or any fruit.

Overall experience for this visit was 2/10. I am flying next week [which will be from T3] so will be interesting to see how that compares, especially to my previous visit to T3 in March. Not impressed if this is the shape of things to come.