Reply To: British Airways Embraer 170 Euro TravellerCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways Embraer 170 Euro Traveller Reply To: British Airways Embraer 170 Euro Traveller

KeaneJohn
Participant

Had checked in online the night before and had my boarding card. Arrived at LCY, 22 mins after leaving home on 473 bus. Would have arrived sooner but there are currently extensive roadwords for Crossrail around the airport’s approach roads.

Headed straight for departures and boarding card would not open barriers. Staff intervened and quickly to security. 4 scanners and 2 arches open meant that the 10 or so people in front of me were cleared and myself in little under 6 minutes. Headed straight to the gate as it said flight closing even though according to the boarding card gate was not closing for another 12 minutes. Most people were already aboard.

Boarded through the rear door and took 18A. Two more passengers boarded and doors were shut 8 minutes before scheduled take off time, quick safety demonstration as the aircraft moved to the end of the runway. G-EUNB landed from JFK then we took position ready for take off and within seconds were heading towards Canary Wharf.

Shortly after take off hot breakfast was served. Sausage, scrambled egg, bacon, hash brown, tomato and possibly baked beans. Served with a roll and some orange juice on the tray. Tea and coffee to follow with more orange juice. Another drinks run would have been welcome but it was no problem for another coffee when the crew member passed.

Great flying conditions and landing 10 minutes ahead of schedule at the E gates in Zurich. No lines at immigration and straight out the airport to the train station as only had hand luggage. All in all a very pleasant flight. Quick, easy and efficient.