Reply To: Airport change – can I expect ground transport?

Back to Forum

ANDREWYOUNG1
Participant

What is the situation where an airline moves your departure airport – can you expect ground transport?

I have a return booking LCY-BCN in July but received an email yesterday saying that the flight had been cancelled and had been moved to the LGW departure at the same time. The problem is that the flight is at 7:30 am and I live a 10 minute taxi ride from LCY so the short journey and the 30 min check-in time makes an early flight feasible. Clearly to make a 7:30 flight from LGW I’d have to leave home at dawn – so can I expect BA to cover the cost of a taxi – even taking the train to LGW I’d be out of pocket. There are later flights from both LGW and LHR which I might be inclined to change to but obviously this impacts on my time in Barcelona.

All in all a very disappointing situation, if you book a CE flight with BA you expect them to fulfil it – it’s all very Ryanair behaviour to just change the schedule like this. Compounded by that, the customer service representative I spoke to on the phone, didn’t apologise once for the obvious inconvenience and informed me that Customer Relations only speak to customers about complaints after travel!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls