Reply To: Suggestions: need a handful of tier points to reach GoldCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Suggestions: need a handful of tier points to reach Gold Reply To: Suggestions: need a handful of tier points to reach Gold

AspirationalFlyer
Participant

My recommendation would be a short trip to Amsterdam. My rationale is: (I) one can depart from Heathrow, Gatwick or City depending on work commitments or indeed what happens to be cheapest Club Europe flights; (ii) it is cheap, quick and easy to travel from Amsterdam Airport to the centre of the city; (iii) there is lots to do, including a visit to the newly reopened Rijksmuseum; and (iv) for those that enjoy their time at airports I think the BA lounge at Amsterdam Airport is well run and there is a good selection of shops, as well as the viewing platform and other forms of entertainment.
Istanbul is a fantastic city but it is a relatively long flight for a TP run and the ticket is likely to be consideraly more expensive than some of the other options (although I believe a CE return would earn you 160 tier points). I did mention to travel Club Europe to Istanbul return last summer for about £450 but that ticket was booked in the BA sale.