Reply To: British Airways B747-400 Mid J Club WorldCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways B747-400 Mid J Club World Reply To: British Airways B747-400 Mid J Club World

NTarrant
Participant

LAX-LHR BA278

Check in at LAX was quick and polite, using the First desk. Security was busy but moving, the process taking about 15 minutes.

Arrived at the Oneworld lounge and directed to the First lounge. The lounge is decorated mainly in grey and there is no natural light. Ample computers available for use and wifi good. Food offering a little limited, although the garlic and tomato soup was tasty. There were two other dishes available a chicken dish and a vegetarian option along with rice and a few vegetables. There was nothing much in the way of “snack” food.

Boarding was called 45 minutes before departure and it was a 10 minute walk to the gate. Getting through the gate was quick as fast track was being dealt with first. We were welcomed on board by name and directed to our seats on the upper deck where we were warmly greeted by the two stewardesses.

Drinks were offered and we pushed back was on time. Once in the air, hot towels were offered, menus and amenity kits. Menu was a bit disappointing in that there was no chicken dish other than salad. I opted for the beef which was tender and tasty. The mash potato was a bit runny. I took the desert and the cheese board which were fine.

Breakfast was served an hour and three quarters before landing, hot towels were offered. The choice was fruit or bircher muesli, I wanted the muesli but had to wait for a few minutes whilst one was sourced from down stairs. It was worth waiting for. The smoothie was good but the bacon roll was not that good.

Arrival was 20 minutes early and disembarking was swift at B terminal with no real wait for a shuttle. Immigration was very quick and for the first time in a long time the priority labels worked as our baggage was within the first 20 bags, also marked priority.

We made our way to the arrivals lounge for a shower and refreshment. The lounge was quiet but the food offering was limited.

A most pleasant flight with an excellent crew who made us feel welcome and nothing too much trouble.