Reply To: British Airways B777-200 (Four class) World Traveller Plus (premium economy)Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways B777-200 (Four class) World Traveller Plus (premium economy) Reply To: British Airways B777-200 (Four class) World Traveller Plus (premium economy)

TominScotland
Participant

Just an up-date on my return flight, BA124 to Heathrow.

As this was a 01.35 departure from Bahrain, I was at the airport early but was able to check-in in the dedicated First/ Business lounge area (“Please sit down and relax while we check you in, Sir”) at the airport some two and a half hours prior to departure. Immigration and security were quiet and I made my way to BA’s third party lounge Dilmun Lounge. Given past experience of third party lounges, I was not expecting much but was pleasently surprised by the spacious and very comfortable facility, with good wifi and an excellent range of hot and cold snacks.

I went to the gate once it showed on the monitor, through secondary security and straight onto the aircraft. Passengers who had boarded in Doha were already in their seats but the overall feel of the flight was that it was very quiet. Club seemed reasonably busy but PE was probably about 30% occupied. I had seat 21B and, with nobody next to me, was able to move to the window seat and spread out.

The seat was very comfortable, reclined as much as I probably would wish with a normal business class seat and gave me plenty of leg room. As a result, I was asleep soon after we pushed back and woke up over 5 hours later, an hour out of Heathrow, when the breakfast service commenced. Full marks to the cabin crew for delaying breakfast service in response to a low load – from recent experience of low loads, this does not happen on airlines such as Emirates or Finnair where cabin crew do not appear to have the authority (or interest) to make sensible decisions such as this.

Having about 3 hours in T5 before my next flight, I declined the breakfast, opting for rehydration with juice and water instead. We landed 20 minutes early at a C Gate and I made my way through a quiet Flight Connections and security into T5 departures.