Reply To: London Gatwick to…Larnaca, Cyprus from £158rtnCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways London Gatwick to…Larnaca, Cyprus from £158rtn Reply To: London Gatwick to…Larnaca, Cyprus from £158rtn

FormerlyDoS
Participant

Scott72

But don’t you also read the good things I post about BA?

Here are two examples in the last three months.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/British-Airways-B747-400-High-J-Club-World-14

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/British-Airways-7

As you didn’t manage to think about my last post, let me say that business travel is driven primarily by schedule availability/convenience and if one wishes to get from, say , Gothenburg to Jeddah and work a full day in both, then BA was the only option last time I needed to.

On that last occasion, BA nearly caused me to miss the connection by a go around caused by lack of communication between the crew and when I finally made the second flight, by the skin of my teeth, I was ignored in my seat on boarding, not offered a welcome drink or amenity pack and when I rang the call bell (gasping having had to run from the shuttle to the aircraft, I was firmly told the crew were too busy and to try after take-off.

The ticket cost £2,400, one way.

Why should I feel good about that type of service? Why shouldn’t I criticise it?

When I get ignored for 5 hours on an overnight flight in Club (no menu, no drink order), why should I feel that this is acceptable? The cost of that one way ticket was over £2,500.

Equally, when I receive good service, as recently to DFW, I make a point of writing it up in a review.

You and your colleagues need to get your collective act together and start being consistently good, I know you can deliver great service sometimes, why not all the time?

Until then, I will avoid BA when I can, but when I cannot, I will write reports and comments praising or criticising. If I constantly receive a poor experience, I will reflect that in my posts.’

So over to you and your colleagues…… BA used to be my favourite airline, up until around the GG dispute and has fallen away since, I challenge you all collectively to make it so, again.