Reply To: 787 DREAMLINER DELAY TO BA

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

Canucklad, totally agree.

Problem is, logical thinking doesn’t apply in the world of ‘I’. Iphone, Ipod, I I I I I ….me me me me lol

When you think about it not too long ago it would have been considered extremely rude to be texting or phoning friends at a social gathering yet now it is just commonplace. Go out as a group for dinner or drinks and everyone has their phone out not just texting but seeing who has just hung their washing out on a Facebook status update. It’s the world we live in.

The big issue I find is getting people to turn their phones off BEFORE departure. It really is a battle, and one we (the crew) are always bound to lose. The passengers know the minute they hear ‘crew take your seats please’ or something along those lines over the PA they have little chance of getting busted tapping away on their phones. Especially in CW. They are so cocooned, they know (and we know) that they have the upper hand during taxi and take off. They usually grunt and go through the motions of switching it off when we ask but the minute we are out of sight or sat down for takeoff…….

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls