Reply To: 787 DREAMLINER DELAY TO BA

Back to Forum

Papillion53
Participant

Good afternoon Rferguson – well we saw it first!!LOL! Thats interesting information, expect you’re looking forward to its arrival. We had a very interesting visit to the Boeing Future of Flight near Seattle just the other week and the latest BA 787 was almost at the end of the production line, in full BA livery, so we saw it close up. Not fitted out internally at that stage of course, but looked impressive all the same. There were another 3 lined up on the Tarmac outside the factory. We were there at the same time as the first Jetstar 787 was rolling off the same production line and there were a host of Australia journalists and TV crew there being shown around.

We also saw the massive Dreamlifter taking off – for those who don’t know, it is a modified 747 with a huge cargo “belly” capable of transporting 787 fuselage parts from the various factories making them to the Boeing field near Seattle to be put together on the 787 production line. I really didn’t think it would get off the ground – it was truly huge and it was quite incredible to watch it thundering down the runway.

I’m still a bit jet lagged this afternoon, but will post more info and some photos on this when I’m “recovered”!!! 😉 LOL!

Edited to add: I’m with mrs Hermes – I hate it when badly trained men leave the loo seat up!!! ;-). All of ours at home self-close, so I am often forgetting when I travel, or worse, stay at friends, and “drop” the loo lid with a bang! So please Mr Male Travellers, close the seat and lid, it makes it a much more pleasant experience for us girls! Thank you! 🙂

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls