Hey all, just finished my 787 aircraft course last week. Seems a very impressive aircraft. Obviously we don’t yet have an aircraft to visit but the ‘mock up’ and slides/pix we saw of the cabin look great. The course comprised of two days of safety and emergency procedures and two days of customer service training including some Q&A with senior management.
The main points:
– Confirmed the 787 will operate the current daily 767 ARN rotation from 9-31AUG.
– Confirmed the first two 787 regular routes from 1SEP will be YYZ and EWR (did not specificy which rotations but I would assume the current 767 ones)
– Confirmed that the 787-900’s will have First fitted. Although did not mention if it will be all or just some.
– Seven 767’s to leave the longhaul fleet by end of 2014. Entire 767 fleet (14 a/c) to not exist by end of 2017.
New about the 787:
– CW spead over two ‘mini cabins’ with three rows in the forward cabin (and NO baby bassinets!) and two rows in the mini cabin aft of door two. There is already a seatmap here on BT or easy to find on google.
– CW colour palate changed to a brown – bronze tone to look ‘warmer’ than the current sterile off-white.
– CW seat definitely looks more spacious. The 787 is close to 777 width. The solo centre ‘E’ seat has a second storage drawer alongside the seat.
– the seat divider buttons have been moved from their current ‘hidden’ spot on top of the divider to the main control panel.
– an upgraded version of Thales IFE system.
– All toilets automatically flush after use and then closes it’s own toilet seat!
– Mood lighting throughout the aircraft with 17 ‘scenes’.
– the ability to control the air ventilation and filtration dependent on the load of passengers.
– steam ovens throughout the aircraft to hopefully improve the quality of the often dried out food currently served.
– the only product/service enhancement that will initially appear on the 787 will be a hand run bar service taking drink orders and preparing the beverages in the galley and delivering them individually.
– the following CW enhancements will first be launched on the A380, followed by the 787, then system wide.
: hot meals plated in the galley
: a hot soup option as starter.
: a choice of desert including a hot option.
: and in WTP hot bread selection served from the basket.
– The senior manager that gave us our Q&A also insisted that enhancements for ALL cabins including F and Y are to be announced soon.