Reply To: BA: Club World & First Sale Now OnCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA: Club World & First Sale Now On Reply To: BA: Club World & First Sale Now On

MartynSinclair

Morning Nigel

I understand that its supply and demand along with the price point adjusted to the level the BA chooses.

The question I am posing how does one judge the effect of a lower price point on the supply and demand vrs passenger loading vrs average revenue per seat per sector.

I doubt any airline would disclose an average revenue per seat on any sector, but if you take for example London to BKK.

Would the average revenue per seat increase or decrease if the ex London price point was lowered.

On the one hand, some will say, this is nonesense, if your premium passengers are paying less, surely the average would reduce. However, the flip side is that the average revenue per seat could in fact go up (this is across the whole aircraft) due to more seats being used for revenue (due to affordability) and less seats being used for discounted, airmiles, staff travel and free upgrades.

I realise that BA have a captive audience in the UK, but I am reliably told by short haul C C that more and more people are travelling out and back on the same aircraft to Europe to benefit from ex – Europe fares.

If these passengers (myself included) were incentivized not to have to use the European shuffle, then the airline wins, the passengers win and the carbon footprint wins.

Martyn