Reply To: BA v Virgin in Economy. Advice PleaseCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA v Virgin in Economy. Advice Please Reply To: BA v Virgin in Economy. Advice Please

LuganoPirate
Participant

Thanks VK, cost is about the same +- a few £’s and timings are not so far apart. SAA does have a good entertainment system, not sure if it’s AVOD. In fact not sure what AVOD is really as I never bother with the IFE preferring to read and watch the route map.

Seat pitch seems more or less the same and SAA and VS both use the 340-600 while BA has the 747. Miles are also irrelevant as they have no status with any airline as they very rarely travel by air. Their last fight was almost two years ago from LCY – GVA!

I have checked the PE and C fares and both are considerably more expensive. A lot of well off holiday makers and retirees go down at this time of year and prefer the premium cabins.

I would love to fly them Swiss, but it means two changes, in Zurich and JNB, with a 3 hour stopover, You also have to collect your bags and then check them in again (though on the return you can through check right the way home, so in this case direct is really more convenient.

I’m veering towards Virgin at the moment but only because my 18 year old niece tells me she is more likely to see a famous pop star on board. I’ve not yet had the courage to tell her she’s unlikely to see them in Economy!!!