Reply To: BA and union agree to end disputeCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA and union agree to end dispute Reply To: BA and union agree to end dispute

Alasdair
Participant

Firstly, what a pathetic rag to be sourcing Hippo. I agree, BA has been able to achieve cost cutting through implementation of MF and the possibility of limiting future IA. However, to state that the workers have not gained anything is plainly ill-informed.

For the likes of New BAexec, “Irony: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other’s false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning.”

Let me set you straight. Through an extremely strong Union and Union membership (whose membership has decreased only by natural departures and minor run off) who persisted in demanding future GUARANTEES, now this is what cabin crew have. They never demanded anything else… perhaps the opportunity to negotiate initially regarding the implementation of Mixed Fleet etc, but this was done poorly or pig- headedly by BA and strikes resulted.

Hence, under WW up to £300million was squandered to be in the position they are all in now. Civility was never an option.

As passengers, this money was unable to be put back into what is supposed to be a global premium airline, like product enhancements including ensuring first meal choices for premium passengers and sufficiently repairing faulty hard product. Due in part to unnecessary programmes like VCC where engineers have undoubtedly been stretched to capacity and priorities shifted accordingly.

Traveller Plus could by now have little VFM perks as per the competition like champagne and meal differentiation. These are all opportunities wasted by BA management by forcing the hand of the extremely influential cabin crew union who is not necessarily made up of “militants” as purported by the Daily Mail and contributors on various forums.

BA is has always tended to be managed by Accountants and Flight Crew. Not your typical “people” people. And that is exactly what the airline industry is.. a service industry.

Good luck BA, and I hope you can progress fairly in the name of service and staff relations.