Reply To: The Truth About BA – Can BA be trusted under WW?

Back to Forum

TGLynch
Participant

To be fair to Mr. Walsh the price fixing and cargo issues predated his leadership. With respect to the Airline, no CEO prior to Mr Walsh was willing to tackle the legacy issues of BEA/BOAC work practices and the pension issue which, had it not been tackled, would have bankrupted the airline. He did this with vigour and courage, in my view and it made the IAG deal possible as well as finally delivering on the AA/BA transatlantic pact. I think Mr Walsh showed commendable presence of mind in getting UK airspace open again reflecting his experience as a captain. As for the T5 debacle, it happened on his watch. BA demonstrated considerable hubris initially which invariably invites nemesis. I think BAA was equally if not more culpable with respect to the T5 issues underlined by the incompetence of the snow clearance operation last December. All in all, its a very good record and we will see how the new management team at BA now performs!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls