Reply To: Passengers downgraded to make way for Gordon Brown

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

I also doubt it was his fault Disgusted, even if secretly I wish it was? I guess BA would not try it on with F pax.

Many moons ago flying Swissair from Doula to Geneva, they tried it on with me. I had a confirmed seat in F but when I got to the plane my seat was taken. I was one of the last to board and had quite an argument over it with the Purser and Captain. They were pushing me down from F to Y and I refused to take my seat insisting on my original one.

I then gave in and said I was getting off the plane and would take UTA (shows how many moons ago!) later in the day. This put them in a total panic as the plane had come from the Congo and the delay in getting my bags out would put the crew out of hours. This would have delayed the whole plane till next day. At that point the Purser went to the lady in my seat and put her in Economy which was her original place.

It transpired she worked for Air Afrique who handled Swissair and she had issued herself a F boarding pass!!! Those were the days!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls