Reply To: BA Club Europe seating issuesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA Club Europe seating issues Reply To: BA Club Europe seating issues

JordanD
Participant

Binman, your comment of “Have to say anyone who buys CE fare for a point to point journey in Europe needs their head examing and a serious word from the finance department”, is odd at best and downright rude at worst.

It’s all about a case-by-case basis. Last year, I went on a weekend away (on my personal dime) in Budapest: when booking my flights, I found that the difference in fares between the ET fare and CE was approx £40 in total. I don’t know why or if it was a mistake, but the offer of lounge, meal on the flight, full (and double) tier points and double miles, meant that that was £40 well spent and a far enjoyable experience that the inevitable ET experience returning on a Sunday with stag weekend making the bulk of passengers.

Another example from 2010, was when I (and two other colleagues) had to make a two-week trip to Italy: the best option for our needs – fixed outbound, flexible inbound, was a CE mixed bucket fare, which our travel booker advised was considerably less than the ET equivalent (fully flex both ways). So we went CE, and got all the perks with it. In this case, not only was it cheaper, but our client (who was paying) saved money.

Sometimes CE really is the better option.