Reply To: BA Club Europe seating issues

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

Have to say anyone who buys CE fare for a point to point journey in Europe needs their head examing and a serious word from the finance department.

The whole CE product is a shambles once on board a BA aircraft. The ground product at LHR is good and at outstations can be ropey. On flights of more than 2.5 hours it is nothing short of an absolute digrace. (Q VK blind defence of all things BA and CE)

It needs more than just a PE seat it needs a complete rethink. Under 2.5 hours I really cannot see the point but over this it requires a new seat entirely. Dare I say it, but a return to short haul first class albeit with different name…let me think…..oh yes how about Club Europe…. reflecting the quality of the Club World Cabin on a short haul service. A fixed cabin with proper seats is a must and the first step to once again making paying a business class fare in Europe justifiable. The service needs to be top notch and there must be IFE ( especially over 2.5 overs) seat power and some real feeling of space. Decent meals for the time of day, accompanied by reasonable wines again that reflect the premuim nature of the service. It may not be possible to provide table clothes and silver service to CDG or AMS but to ATH LCA IST SVO PRG BUD and TIP ( when they go back) these would frankly be the least you should expect for the point to point fare being charged.
The size of the club europe cabin could reflect the premium, aspirational nature of the product, whilst the rest of the aircraft can get the BA euro traveller treatment with those buying more flexible tickets or who have status, being seated toward the front of that cabin. This is already technically feasible as it happens today. I fear that without a major revamp CE travel no matter the type of seat will be the dwindling preserve of those foolish with their own or others money, WAGS, bankers and BA staff.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls