Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways To fly or not to fly BA? Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?

Tim2sms
Participant

Ditto for no bling.

I recently returned to BA and was pleasantly surprised, but price is still a massive driver for me. Small business, every penny counts; my budget, not other people’s money.

SEAT
I want a decent seat. I just want to get from A to B. BA delivers on this.

IFE
IFE is delivered from my iPhone.

SERVICE
I don’t want slavery, just unobtrusive service when appropriate. BA delivers on this. (In flight announcements should be banned, except the safety demo and turbulence announcements.)

COST
I fly Sat night away to half the cost; price matters and £5k CW LHR-USA is madness even as a rack rate.

FOOD
I expect food in WT/WTP for be edible pub grub. CW to be local Bistro and F to be very good but not top notch Celeb Chef restaurant which is hard from a plane galley. BA delivers on this, but the accountants chip away at quality and then an ‘upgrade’ brings it back to where it was.

NETWORK / RELIABILITY
I want reliability with help when things go wrong. BA delivers.

CONSISTENCY
Same seat on any long haul route. Alliance partners should also have the same seat design, and code shares are a con. AA Business is half the product of BA CW and yet so easy to book a BA flight on a AA plane from BA.com.

ON THE GROUND
Lounges nice but a bolt on but I can live without. Wifi and power more important. Fast track very useful. BA delivers.

STRIKES
If long haul ex LHR, the diet will benefit, but apart from that, no perceived risk to schedule. Short haul ex LHR slightly different issue; would probably book elsewhere.

SUMMARY
Book BA unless the price is wrong.