Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways To fly or not to fly BA? Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?

Potakas
Participant

Agree with VK, Nigel and Martyn,

I have never been in First so I cannot comment but for the customer relations I can and the only thing I can say is the best. As you can read on my past posts I had some problems with luggage and missing connections. During the Christmas snow disruption I lost my flight and I had broken luggage twice, I was traveling without insurance so I didn’t have many options, my only one was BA’s customer relations.

Verdict:
–Both bags replaced but because they couldn’t send me a replacement luggage fast I had to buy a new one which BA paid for. So two new luggage and one paid from BA .
–All the expenses paid from BA, over 1000E. That included: Hotels , food, to/from airport transfers and one new BA ticket I had paid for (because the MMB wasn’t working), also all the flights that I didn’t catch refunded full.

I usually travel with BA because of the Customer Service they have and because I feel safe flying with them (in terms that they will take care of me, as I don’t have travel insurance).

Really ,is there any other airline that offered so much during the snow disruption? Also I was blue by December so not an Elite member that they had to take care more than the others.

Finally you should keep in mind that BA is more expensive for two reasons.

1) Taxes
2) Direct flights, would be the same if you was living in Amsterdam, KLM would be the expensive product and BA the cheap one.

Regards