Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways To fly or not to fly BA? Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?

jasonr01
Participant

A yes for flying with BA from me.
I also do not have the privilage of flying business or first but use WTP (premium economy).
I fly with BA for a number of reasons. Firstly because i can fly to virtually anywhere in the world without having to join too many frequent flyer programs. At one stage I was gold with Emirates, Silver with BA and silver with LH miles and more and it gets crazy so I opted to go with BA. Only downside for me is that i live in nottingham so it means either a trip to LHR or drive to Manchester and then catch flight to LHR which is a waste of time in my opinion . I wish they would fly direct from other airports as this would make my life easier and would probably give BA more business as not everyone wants to go to LHR.Personally the food is not brilliant but it is not bad either.
I do agree that whilst you seem to get a reasonable welcome when boarding the aircraft thats where on a lot of cases it ends. But to a certain degree I understand why some of them are not happy giving the stirring from the unions (rigthly or wrongly). However in saying that I can not say I have had a really bad time.( Yet!)
Personally i do think that some of their prices are expensive but live with it.
I wouldnt say that the longes have the Wow factor either but they are clean, have a reasonable selection of food and is somewhere comfortable to wait. But again I dont have the option as yet of getting into first lounge yet. Only two more WTP long haul till i get that chance!!!!

I tried Virgin once from Manchester to orlando and vowed never to use virgin again.
Stick with BA, at least it is British and its about time we supported british companies providing they offer a good competitve service.

IFE is not to bad either although last flight from Atlanta didnt seem to have that much to offer but for me that is one flight in the last 18 months plus it was overnight flight so just tried to go to sleep