Reply To: To fly or not to fly BA?

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

“On price they are not overpriced. I recently looked at a trip to DXB for December and found that BA was cheaper in Club World than Emirates for business. Even cheaper if I start from Europe”.

What Nigel says is very true, BA First is not overpriced and I think that is partly where the problem lies.

I have on occasion flown LH First, mainly on milegae upgrade. Their First class lounge/terminal in Frankfurt really is First Class and their hard product is superb. However, try as hard as I can, I can’t seem to find any discounted LH First tickets and the service certainly reflects the price.

Move over to BA. whilst I am a BIG fan of NCW, in that the seats are for me, perfect and the crew in the main are excellent and avoiding all comments I may have made on other threads about various seats, the fact remains, especially in NCW that a high percentage of its occupants are either free loaders (and that certainly the fact upstairs on the 747-400) or people like myself on discounted ex-europe tickets or travellers who have access to other forms of discounted tickets. The same is generally applicable in First.

If you need me to justify any of these statements, just look next time you fly in the bubble, how many BA staff are occupying seats and yes they do stand out a mile.

If BA were to price themselves in the market instead of offering such a complex range of price structure that encourages me to fy extra sectors (which gains me even more future discounts) perhaps the airline will start to see more profit. Premium classes are exactly that and by enabling forms of discounted premium travel, only brings discounted levels of service.

BA also need a stricter policy on staff travel, especially on prime routes. It is as if BA staff feel it is their right to travel in the premium classes on full flights, at the expense of fare paying passengers.

BA need to pull the reigns in, I agree with much Lord Krug states, except for the fact that other airlines do have the wow factor thoughout their entire offering and throught all classes of travel.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls