Reply To: British Airways London-DelhiCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways British Airways London-Delhi Reply To: British Airways London-Delhi

IanFromHKG
Participant

I experience this issue sometimes – as CX Platinum/Emerald I am allowed two guests in the F lounge, but we are a family of four. When she was much littler I always regarded my younger daughter as being “hand luggage” for lounge entry purposes but to be fair, CX have *NEVER* – not once in ten years – even hinted at the idea that we couldn’t all go into the lounge together, they just treat us as a family and let us all in (sounds like Lugano’s experience with LH and Swiss). When we are traveling BA, however, the same story doesn’t apply and we effectively get downgraded to the business class lounge (which we can access as my wife is CX gold). However, even this approach doesn’t work when my wife is traveling without me but with my daughters because she is only allowed one guest – which is doubly irritating because my older daughter (14) is at boarding school, commutes between HKG and LHR six times a year plus other travel and would comfortably qualify for lounge access in her own right if they let her join the programme – which they don’t, because she is under 18, even though she has to pay full adult fares. Grrrrr

I often toy with the idea of enrolling my older daughter in the Qantas programme, because they don’t have an age limit, but we have to get her onto a Qantas flight to start her off, plus it messes up our Asia Miles accumulation because she would be locked into the Qantas miles programme as well