Home › Forums › Airlines › British Airways › BASSA/Unite Latest Ballot: Just 43% of BA Cabin Crew Support Action › Reply To: BASSA/Unite Latest Ballot: Just 43% of BA Cabin Crew Support Action
You can make all the snide remarks and insinuations at VK and I all you like. I stand by the claims I have made in these threads:
– It is has been proven in court that BASSA and CC89 did not negotiate in good faith with BA (see unchallenged court evidence about the two branches refusing to sit in the same room)
– It has also been proven in court that BASSA’s cost savings proposals were not even a third of what they claimed
– All other BA workgroups agreed on cost savings without changes being “imposed”
– In three court decisions involving a total of five judges, it has been confirmed that BA was entirely justified in changing crewing levels
– BA gave Unite ample opportunity to negotiate over Mixed Fleet (see earlier proposals for matrices of routes etc)
– BASSA had been shown to be incompetent in this dispute (in two ballots sending papers to non-members, and in one of those Lizanne Malone gave incorrect advice on eligibility to ballot)
– BASSA has allowed lies to circulate during this dispute (such as the claim Justice Cox only gave BA an injunction because she was flying BA over Christmas which led to the unprecedented step of a public denial by the courts)
– BASSA has shown, in the eyes of any reasonable person, appalling bad taste and judgment (use of war imagery etc)
– BASSA has lost a huge amount of support since this dispute started (nearly 4,000 fewer Yes votes and approximately 3,000 members, of which only 900 could be due to members taking voluntary redundancy)
– The claim that crew have been sacked “just” for supporting their union is false.
All of the above can be supported by court judgments and other public sources.
Meanwhile, anyone who doesn’t follow the public line of BASSA has been subjected to a relentless stream of lies and half-truths whether they be BA management, pilots (why the pathological obsession with both?), VCC, Mixed Fleet crew, court judges…
And so the list goes on.
Whatever the contents of the offer and however this dispute is concluded, it has been a deeply misguided and divisive dispute, and this has all been self inflicted by BASSA.