Reply To: BASSA/Unite Latest Ballot: Just 43% of BA Cabin Crew Support Action

Back to Forum

VintageKrug
Participant

Can The Wallower provide any evidence of his assertion that “BA already has the lowest cabin crew operating costs in Europe”? Thought not. Yet more unsubstantiated twaddle.

It’s good to see that negotiations are ongoing; BA has demonstrated its ability to negotiate successfully with both Unite and other Union representatives at BA over the past few years (pensions settlement, ground staff at T5, BALPA Settlement to name but three), and it’s good to see that now Keith Williams’ team is able to sort out a deal with Unite’s representatives.

Let’s hope the troublesome branches are brought to heel, both for the sake of the BASSA/CC89 cabin crew who are currently forgoing a pay rise of up to 3% which has already been granted to non-unionised cabin crew.

Personally, I’d quite like to see a strike, if only to give vent to the poisonous militancy which has enveloped BASSA, and expose the strike as unprotected, impotent and potentially costly for the Union. Thankfully, it’s only Unite and not the branches which can authorise strike action.

I am surprised that negotiations will continue next week; unless Unite announces Strike dates by Friday 6th May, I understood the ballot mandate lapsed….unless another extension is in the works….

A settlement is in the interests of all Cabin Crew and ultimately is what we all hope for as passengers.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls