Reply To: BA First Class

Back to Forum

Flew recently from LHR to Delhi and back on BA first. I fly BA all the time and have travelled in the old first previously, many times. I found the new first to be very nice in some ways and not so in others. The seats were comfortable, and the space around the seat seemed better, and they were certainly more private. However i found the cabin a bit gloomy and dark ……….with all that dark blue everywhere and i ……could not help but notice that this was an oversized club world cabin….not special…….and not exclusive anymore.That air of exclusivity that was very much noticeable in the past has vanished. The cabin crew were indifferent and seemed to treat us like we were all bunched in together in the same ‘class’……………that is not what you pay for………..The rope that divides club and first has gone…( a small thing …i know) but its the little touches that make the difference…also i was on the new 777-300 and the washrooms were……pityful to say the least…….exactly the same as an economy washroom on a 737…….The food was dissapointing ………..and the attitude of the crew was not good…….. I have flown club before on filghts with no first and have been treated like royalty………..but sadly not on this trip……..mind you , it did not help that most of our fellow passengers in first had been upgraded from first and were quite vocal in letting everyone know of their achievements………..certainly not BA gold card holders…………

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls