Reply To: Willie Walsh: 2010 Hero!Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Willie Walsh: 2010 Hero! Reply To: Willie Walsh: 2010 Hero!

MartynSinclair

The heading should be changed to

“Cabin Crews” – the real heros to 2010!

……….for putting up with Willie Walsh vrs BASSA………………….

I have never met Willie Walsh, he always seems to be hiding, but I have met hundreds of cabin crew especially on the long haul flights. 98% of the crews I have encountered have provided me with a great service. Down route, when they are off duty and I have met up, they are a colourful lot, choosing a life style which is challenging at the best of times. Unlike flight deck crew who work behind closed doors, cabin crew are pax facing put up with the “errors and ommissions” in a very professional way. They are told when to fly and have little control over rostas unlike their fellow team members on the flight deck.

I know a lot of you view cabin crew as unskilled labour, but all crew work as a team, and the continuing Walsh vrs Bassa in my mind makes the cabin crew the heroes, for being able to deliver in what can only be described as volatile times.

Willie may be the CEO of a very large company, but that does not make him a hero!