Reply To: What should BA do with the Heathrow Concorde?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways What should BA do with the Heathrow Concorde? Reply To: What should BA do with the Heathrow Concorde?

AllOverTheGaff
Participant

DavidGordon10 – 11/06/2013 15:04 GMT
1. As was stated “Many concordes are on display in Germany, France and other places… ” You don’t have to leave the country. Manchester airport is looking after its Concorde very well thank you. The inbound flight path into MAN from the East was directly over my house when I lived in Stockport, and we always were pleased to hear Concorde overhead.

Hi David

Aye, we’ve one on display just outside Edinburgh too, I’ve not been to see that particular one yet but will do so in the autumn, doing a bit of a sight-seeing thing in my home nation.

I’ve been on the one in NYC, and all I could think of when on it was how gutted I am that I’ll never be able to fly in one. I have very few regrets in life, but one I hold is that I never bit-the-bullet and had a go in Concorde when I had the chance. Sure all on here will recall that post-crash there were all sorts of incentives to get people back on-board, I looked at it but decided no…..*sigh*…..

Rgds.
AOTG.