Reply To: BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ DebutsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts Reply To: BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts

batraveller2
Participant

In fairness they did try on my Vegas flight, but was just a shambles. It was one of their first flights and so they were all panicking with trolleys just floating around in the galley and not knowing where anything was or what it was. I am not sure how the new “no rush” service will work with business people on key routes such as JFK or Chicago if they ever start flying these routes (unless they eat before and don’t expect any service). I guess the Vegas flight is a long one and there is less need for quick service although I don’t think there should be 2 different standards in service for club world – Vegas is not cheap in Club! I would be surprised if regular business travellers would accept the service if they are used to the usual high quality BA cabin crew (ok they sometimes moan about WIllie Walsh a bit in joking terms if you speak in the galley, but I can understand that). I think the old crew were what made BA and which is why frequently send comment cards thanking the crew. Maybe it will take time for mixed crew to improve which I understand, but from what I gather they have been trained to provide a different service than the existing crew (as one of the old crew said), and so there are going to be clear differences. Am looking forward to my flight back from LA on the upper deck and hopefully the difference will be appararent unless there has been a change to the whole club service. CSD’s and Pursers should remain.