Reply To: BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ DebutsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts Reply To: BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts

batraveller2
Participant

As previously promised on a different post I agreed to write about my mixed crew flight to vegas. Unfortunately the flight was deboarded at LHR due to broken toilets (luckily I hadnt boarded) and so was delayed a few hours. When I finally boarded the plane, I was not offered any champagne etc (travelling in club world). I queried this after we took off and I was told this was done on the deboarded plane. The service was chaos and horrendously slow. There was no preferrential treatment for ordering food for silver / gold! No personal introductions. Staff didnt really know what the food or drinks were – requesting a chablis came back with champagne. Usually in club you are used to a very quick drinks service after take off and another shortly after but not so! I raised my queries with CSM (no CSD’s sadly) and he said that the new BA was the experience and no rushed service (presumably an excuse for slow service). It was kind of like a budget business class – luckily am flying back from LAX with proper crew on upper deck. Having said that the first officer was excellent and chatted in the galley for ages, There were a few old BA staff on board (think they were on fixed contracts and so had to move to mixed crew) and the difference was amazing as they genuinely cared and were so much more professional and helpful. BA could be going very much downhill if it had an all mixed crew flight – however keen they are. When I challenged the CSM he was very agressive at first – much like the monarch airline where he was from! Though by the end of the flight he relaxed a bit after the initial lunch service panic! However I would recommend avoiding mixed class at all costs ( I was told it was only their first few weeks on long haul and they had stuff to learn). I would suggest flying on normal BA flights with the knowledgeable crew who may be older but have service (mixed crew reminded me fvirgin)