Reply To: BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ DebutsCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts Reply To: BA: ‘Mixed Fleet’ Debuts

VintageKrug
Participant

It is indeed those individuals who deserve our sincere sympathy.

Having said that, there is the simple option of resigning from BASSA, which would sort this particular issue.

Many have already done so.

But there are others who believe some of the scare-stories BASSA puts around, some who would be intimidated by other BASSA members for leaving, some who believe they would lose the legal support BASSA purports to offer (but which is not always given, and even then can be of a very poor quality) and various other reasons.

Many are just too disinterested/apathetic and this is evidenced by the very poor turnouts in previous ballots.

As I have stated previously, I believe BA needs and wants a functioning union with which to collectively negotiate. It may be possible for BASSA to return to that role if its leadership changes. But it is for BASSA’s membership to change that leadership, or resign from BASSA.

At this most serious stage in the dispute, I no longer have sympathy for the moderate crew who remain members of BASSA; either they should engineer change for within so that their union actually represents their views, or they should leave.

Doing so would ensure that any legal sanction levied by BA would focus on those militant, obstructive and unreasonable BASSA members, and that innocents would not be caught in the crossfire.