Reply To: BA strike: the media battle

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

……and Craig, i hope to win the Euromillions next week.

Its not about backing down or winning/losing, its about the shareholder value, BA jobs, the airline’s existance and its ability to serve its customers. If each side think their corner is bigger than the others, then you know what, lets STICK to beliefs and let this continue – I am sure there is another airline in the red corner just waiting to make a move.

Its 2010, we are just coming out of recession. If there is not a solution and this does bring BA down, you probably have no idea of the consequential loss to people outside of BA. The implosion of the pension scheme alone, could have an effect on every single pensioner in the UK as that alone could wipe out the Goverments pension protection scheme.

If one side has to back down or ‘compromise’ then so be it, that is far better than a continuing strike that is costing UK PLC millions of pounds more per day than the £7 mil is costing BA.

What ever happens, I dont fancy seeing another 40,000 on the dole queue after BA going into meltdown. This seems to me a bit like the MP’s expense’s row, £ 1million overclaimed and £ 4 million to find a solution.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls