Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 DaysCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days

AdrianHenryAsia
Participant

Its feels from reading all of the press reports that this squabble has/has become personal between Tom Woodley/Brendan Barber and WW.

Perhaps WW should have put in more effort up front instead of the alleged walking out of negotiations, sitting playing with his blackberry (I’ve had that from a firsthand source) and sending junior people in to do his job who were not empowered to negotiate merely dictate his wishes.

As the MD of a business, no business can continue to operate as a loss – I can appreciate that and difficult decision are never easy to make,

I also understand that unhappy employees are not going to live BA’s brand and provide the level of service in the air that F & J passengers expect.

Whilst BA may not have achieved the levels of savings they feel they need to be profitable, a happy workforce will carry a number of intangible benefits such as customer loyalty all of which impact the bottom line.

There is more to running an business than pure numbers – brand, reputation. loyalty, service and perception can’t be accurately valued and in the current situation all or being damaged in my opinion.

WW needs to actually come to the table and be prepared to listen not dictate. The cabin crew need to accept change will happen whether they like it or not.

Someone effective needs to mediate before both WW and the unions drive the business into the ground because they are so entrenched in their own positions.