Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days

Back to Forum

MartynSinclair
Participant

instead of quoting that ‘iconic British politian’ Jeremy Clarkson’ love of gay Cabin crew, or playing ‘I spy where are the aeroplanes parked” (well they have to be parked somewhere), why doest this woderful publication Business Traveller take a lesson in marketing from Sky News (arranging the 3 leader deabate going into the election) add try to bring the children together and promote dialogue in a far more proactive and mature way between BA and Unite. As Sky news have just reported (7am Monday morning) there has been no breakthrough in the 3rd day of this stupid dispute, something has to occur otherwise BA may just as well put the aeroplanes up for sale.

Some of you are putting a very good case for BA whilst others are supporting the Unions. Personally, I support a resolution and the basic priciple of a fiding a solution (and I am sure VK will agree) is that YOU HAVE TO TALK TOGETHER.

So Busiess Traveller, how about it, give your backing to finding a solution. Use your power within the travel indsustry as a leader, a leading news publication, and work towards bringing the children to the table. The longer this strike goes on, the less chance BA has for an economic survival. Without seat and cargo revenue, BA cant pay costs which include salaries, which in turn meants they cant provide a service which ultimately means no product which results in passengers like me, flying other airlies. Its very simple, if BA ad Unite continue to play games and the press contiue to fuel these games, well, there will be a glut of Boeing and Airbus aircraft on the second hand market!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls