Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days

Back to Forum

continentalclub
Participant

In the hope that this may be of use to those who have TA-booked tickets, and for whom ba.com now advises that your flight has been cancelled: please contact your travel agent in the first instance.

This applies especially to those passengers whose booking cannot, for whatever reason, be amended online at ba.com.

As availability on alternative flights (BA-operated or otherwise) will probably disappear relatively swiftly, you may be able to expedite matters by providing alternative routings to your TA, perhaps checking availability while you are (inevitably) on hold. Though it would be nice to think that they wouldn’t need it, experience suggests that some TA telephone agents can go a bit snowblind when faced with pressured circumstances such as these.

Patience and good humour can pay dividends; I’ve just managed to change a TA booking and the agent was prompted to comment, at the end of the 45 minute call, that I was by far the most patient and pleasant customer that he’d dealt with all evening, which I thought was rather nice. I wished him good luck for the rest of his shift!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls