Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 DaysCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days

FaroFlyer
Participant

VK, normally I agree with your advice, but not this time.

For now you have the opportunity to re-book and take a refund for travel anywhere within the 11+ days of interruption. If you wait until you see the schedule, you will then only be able to cancel if you know your flights are affected. We all know that there is going to be a huge knock-on effect. Will 747s to HK etc really fly on Fridays 19 & 26? If so, will they return empty? Will 747s return the days after the strikes, or will they have to wait for new crew etc? I do fully agree that the main LHR cancellations will be domestic and short hauls like CDG & BRU.

If you are on a cheap fare, as I was, re-book if you can, then cancel before the revised schedules are announced.

I fully support the fact that BA should manage the airline, not a union living way back in the past, but I don’t think that management have gone about it as well as they could.

If the dispute is really about a crew compliment of 15 reducing to 14, and CC are really only worried about service levels, then they should have been asked to work for 14/15 of pay and perks, to maintain the service levels, with a similar adjustment on all crew reduced flights.