Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 DaysCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days

continentalclub
Participant

The ‘n’ key and the ‘b’ key are adjacent to each other. Clearly, the word should read ‘but’ and not ‘nut’.

The YouTube piece from Willie Walsh came across, to me at least, as an excellent communication; strong content delivered with conviction and authority.

However, I do worry that some of the power of his message is compromised by unnecessary cutaways to ‘Blair-hands’, and by using the backdrop of a calm, spacious, modern corporate office to discuss ‘the most significant crisis that this company has ever seen’.

It would give detractors far less ammunition if any future communications were directed and produced with a slightly more customer-focussed eye. This piece looks a little too much like internal corporate comms, which though highly professional and well-scripted, may not present customers with an image that they associate with the realities of flying with BA in 2010, even when operations are running ‘normally’.

Next time, a gate lounge at Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle, between flights, might be a little more resonant. Just a thought, and only because I wish the company well.