Reply To: Unite/BASSA to Strike 20/3 for 3 Days, 27/3 for 4 Days

Back to Forum

FaroFlyer
Participant

Well, I’ve chickened out. I was booked FRA>LHR>LIS on Friday 26th with BA. Have now re-booked on FRA>LIS with LH as I need to know that I shall be back in Portugal that day. My choice for the route was BA, probable disruption; LH, Captains strike hopefully over; TAP Captains 6 day strike due to start that day.

During the entire build up to this BA dispute I have received absolutely no communication from BA despite having a Portugal > Dusseldorf round trip next Monday / Wednesday on BA, and a London connection on my AMS>LGW>FAO flight yesterday.

To add insult to injury I sat next to a guy on the LGW>FAO sector yesterday who was on the same route in December and received 25,000 unsolicited bonus miles for worry for each of he, his wife and daughter, and my wife and I received nothing, nix, nada although we also travelled that route during the 12 day period. And I’m a Gold card.

Not impressed with WW and BA management whose strategy seems to rely on the blind support of BA regulars.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls